by Michael Gulett –
Oz the Great and Powerful is coming to America – “ignore the man behind the curtain”, said the man behind the curtain.
Donald Trump’s self focus is astonishing and a little scary as is his inability to face reality. His narcissistic personality** is apparent almost daily.
Before the election when the polls favored Clinton, Trump said the election was rigged against him, which was not true. After he won the electoral college but lost the popular vote by about 3 million votes he said he would have won the popular vote if not for the millions of illegal votes, which also was not true. Now that the US intelligence community has determined that Russia interfered with the election in Trump’s favor, Trump refuses to believe it and seems to be siding with Russia, which is amazing for a soon to be US president.
Below are quotes from the great man himself,
I am the only one who can fix it.
I know more about ISIS than all the generals.
I also know things that other people don’t know, and so they cannot be sure of the situation (talking about the recent Russian hacking of the US presidential election).
No computer is safe and that, for intelligence officials, hacking is a very hard thing to prove.
You want something to really go without detection, write it out and have it sent by courier.
– Happy New Year to all, including to my many enemies and those who have fought me and lost so badly they just don’t know what to do. Love! (31 Dec 2016).
– Great move on delay (by V. Putin) – I always knew he was very smart! (30 Dec 2016)
The U.S. Consumer Confidence Index for December surged nearly four points to 113.7, THE HIGHEST LEVEL IN MORE THAN 15 YEARS! Thanks Donald! (27 Dec 2016)
The world was gloomy before I won – there was no hope. Now the market is up nearly 10% and Christmas spending is over a trillion dollars! (26 Dec. 2016).
– Donald Trump
** Narcissistic Personality
Narcissistic personality disorder is a long-term pattern of abnormal behavior characterized by exaggerated feelings of self-importance, an excessive need for admiration, and a lack of understanding of others’ feelings.
1. Grandiosity with expectations of superior treatment from others
2. Fixated on fantasies of power, success, intelligence, attractiveness, etc.
3. Self-perception of being unique, superior and associated with high-status people and institutions
4. Needing constant admiration from others
5. Sense of entitlement to special treatment and to obedience from others
6. Exploitative of others to achieve personal gain
7. Unwilling to empathize with others’ feelings, wishes, or needs
8. Intensely envious of others and the belief that others are equally envious of them
9. Pompous and arrogant demeanor
Comparing Donald Trump to the Wizard of Oz does a great disservice to the Wizard.
Let us know what you think in the Comments.